EASPD organises the policy conference "Developing together the support services of tomorrow". The Conference is co-produced hand-in-hand with the European Disability Forum, the European Network for Independent Living, Inclusion Europe, Mental Health Europe and COFACE, with the involvement of the European Commission.
The Conference will involve high level representatives from the disability field but also representatives from mainstream organisations and public authorities. The objective is to have a frank exchange on the meaning and role of support services in building a more inclusive society in the future and will include both discussion panels and workshops. It will cover topics such as access to the labour market, inclusive education, de-institutionalisation, co-production, technologies, etc.
National and regional authorities; members of the European Parliament; representatives from the European social sector, business sector, the EU institutions will take part on the discussions. The debate will focus on:
- How to develop more inclusive societies through high quality support and care services
- the key elements needed to develop inclusive support services for persons with disabilities in employment, education and independent living;
- the importance of technology and stakeholder cooperation
- the role of the EU and authorities in ensuring the high quality support services of the future.
We can confirm the presence of:
- Ms Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Mobility,
- Hon. Justyne Caruana MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Rights of Persons with Disability and Active Ageing of Malta
- Mr Franz Wolfmayr, President of EASPD,
- Ms Diane Kingston, Vice-Chairperson of the Expert Committee for the UN CRPD
- Mr Yannis Vardakastanis, President of the European Disability Forum.
- Mr Nigel Henderson, President of Mental Health Europe
- Ms Jana Hainsworth, President of the Social Platform
- Mr Freek Spinnewijn, President of Social Services Europe
- Mr Jan Willem Goudriaan, Secretary General of the European federation of Public Service Unions
The Joint Declaration on Developing Together the Support of Tomorrow will be officially launched by EASPD, organisations representing persons with disabilities, family organisations and other stakeholders. EASPD has produced this conference with the European Disability Forum, the European Network for Independent Living, Inclusion Europe, Mental Health Europe and the Confederation of Family Organisations. The conference is supported by the Entelis project and the European Commission.
Opening Photo Exhibition “Revealed & Unveiled” in Halles Saint Géry
After the conference, the EASPD photo exhibition “Revealed & Unveiled” will be opened in Halles Saint Géry at 7 p.m. The exhibition presents the 20 best pictures of the photo contest “Revealed & Unveiled”. The winner of the contest will be announced during the opening.