This course makes recruitment, management and, most importantly, engagement of volunteers easy.
This course makes recruitment, management and, most importantly, engagement of volunteers easy. The training encourages you to look closely at the motivations of volunteers and how organisations work with them. You will also examine contemporary approaches including co-production and the use of non-hierarchical teams.
• Why people get involved in volunteering and why understanding motivations is so important
• Creating roles for volunteers
• Recruitment & Publicity
• How to share examples of what works well and why
• Keeping people involved, happy and excited about the role they play
• Volunteers and the Law
• Concepts of co-production and working with volunteer partners in non-hierarchical structures
The day includes plenty of group work, exercises and discussion – you definitely won’t be staring at power point all day. You’ll also be given lots of opportunities to discuss your own experiences and develop personal strategies to aid your work.
As a participant you will come away with:
• Practical ideas for recruiting, inducting, engaging with and supporting volunteers better in your organisation or group – the beginnings of an action plan.
• Activities that you can use back in your organisation with volunteers or other staff or trustees as part of your volunteer management strategy
• Examples of tools to help you with volunteer management, and a signpost for where to go for more information
• A group of peers tackling similar issues for you to keep in touch with and share information and experiences with as you take your action plans forwards
• An action plan for improving or embarking on volunteer management