A course to ensure that trustees and staff relationships go from strength to strength.
This course draws on NCVO's cutting-edge thinking that has been developed from our governance work with a range of charities over many years, to ensure that trustees and staff relationships go from strength to strength. This course aims to help trustees make an effective contribution to the governance of their organisation.
By the end of the course participants will:
- understand what governance and trusteeship are
- know who the trustees are and what they do
- understand the personal liabilities of trustees and the protection available
- be able to identify good governance
- have examined the people dynamic. What makes a good trustee? How a board works as a team?
- have considered delegation and building an effective relationship between the board and chief executive.